The films for AFS ShortCase 2014 have been selected! Read more on the selections here and join us on March 8 at 2 PM for the screening.
AFS is excited to return to SXSW once again with our member showcase! ShortCase is a showcase of short films made by AFS Make members. Thanks to SXSW, we're able to offer this opportunity for our members to have their work seen during the 2014 SxSW Film Festival. ShortCase is made possible through SXSW's Community Screening program in which the festival brings in local organizations to showcase their work. Shorts that are screened in ShortCase are not official selections of SXSW and are not entered into competition.
This year, we'll be curating one 70-80 minute program to be shown during the fest (March 8 at 2 PM at the Marchesa). In order to submit, you must fill out the form below. Click here for the form. (Don't see the form? You must be logged-in and an AFS Make Member (or higher) to see the form. Currently not a member? Join today!)
DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 17
This is a fun, easy and free way to get your work seen during SXSW, so take advantage. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE SELECTION PROCESS:
Each film will go through two rounds of judging with the final choices selected by this year's jury. The judges will be looking for a diverse selection of high quality work that represents a wide range of styles and genres.
If your film is selected, we'll need a master copy of the film (ProRes444) and a high-quality production still asap (within 48 hours), so be prepared. We'll notify the selected filmmakers by March 1.
Don't see forms below? Login or Check Your Membership (To submit, you must be an AFS Make-level Member or higher).
RULES FOR SUBMISSION:
1. The submitter must be a current AFS Make-level member (or above) and be either a producer, director or writer of the piece submitted. If you are not currently an AFS member at the Make level, join or upgrade now!
2. We accept any genre of short films (including documentaries, narratives, experimental, animations, music videos, etc). Films must be under 20 minutes. Please no promotional/educational/industrial videos or commercials. No trailers or excerpts of longer work, either. We want shorts that stand alone.
3. No works-in-progress.
4. We're looking for work completed in the last 2 - 3 years ('12-'14). You can submit older work, but newer films will be given preference. ShortCase is a showcase for work that is NOT already playing at SXSW this year (or previous years).
5. Entries are limited to one submission per membership.
6. Films must be submitted online (either via Vimeo, Youtube or any other streaming service).
7. Late submissions will not be considered.
Buy your SXSW Film wristbands at the Marchesa! Wristbands will be available for purchase in the hour prior to any AFS screening at the Marchesa. Wristbands are $75 for AFS members or $80 for non-members.