Date and Time
Wed, Sep 26
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Free and open to the public
1143 Northwestern Ave, Austin, TX 78702
Please join us for a special screening of the 2018 Faces of Austin program!
Faces of Austin is an annual short film exhibition showcasing works by local filmmakers which reflect the many diverse faces, voices and experiences of Austin. After a competitive open call, selected films are show on ATXN, the City’s government access channel; online; and at special screenings. The 2018 Faces of Austin premiere was presented as a SXSW Film Festival Community Screening.
The 2018 Faces of Austin:
• David Freid and Nick Kondylas, Austin Graffiti Project: Chapter 1, The Foundation
• Christopher Kim, Belonging
• Blair Waltman-Alexin, A Common Thread
• Travis Lee Ratcliff and John Carmichael IV, Art of the Moment
• Tatiana Gonzalez, PEOPLE in Need & Experiencing Homelessness at the Library
• H. Cherdon, Awesome in Austin Music Video
• Louisiana Kreutz, Language Lessons
• Jake Fordyce, Lord’s Boxing Gym
• Katherine Craft and Artemis Anastasiadou, Charlotte and Charlie
• Jose Rocha, El Maestro: Hector Galan
• Rachel Bardin, Animal Facts Club Presents: Birds and Humans
• Christopher Kim, Today, I Gave The World A Flower
• Aaron Weiss, Struggling for Weird
In addition to the screening, we will have a Q&A with the filmmakers, share Cultural Funding opportunities and available resources through AFS, and launch the 2019 Faces of Austin Call. Faces of Austin is a program of the Cultural Arts Division within the City of Austin’s Economic Development Department, ATXN, and community partner Austin Film Society.