Date and Time
Tue, Feb 15
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
$40 AFS Members | $45 Regular Price
1143 Northwestern Ave, Austin, TX 78702
In this 3-hour hands-on intermediate lighting workshop participants will work hands-on with lighting and grip gear within Austin Public’s inventory while learning a wide variety of techniques and terms needed to successfully light your project and work on-set. Attendees will learn from Brian Blake, a former Station Engineer with the Austin Film Society who has 30 years experience in AV with a special focus in lighting.
This workshop will cover:
- Lighting terminology and overview of lighting techniques
- In depth discussion on how light acts and reacts, especially when you sculpt it
- Breakdowns on a couple film scenes to show the “how” and “why”
- Best practices for look, time and budget
- Lab time to recreate of one film scene
This course will take place in Austin Public’s Studio 1. While the workshop will spend a lot of the time practicing hands-on, participants are encouraged to take notes and ask questions.