Date and Time
Sat, Jul 31
12:00 PM - 5:00 PM Sun, Aug 1
12:00 PM - 5:00 PM CST
$125 General Admission | $115 AFS Member
Austin Public - Conference Room
1143 Northwestern Ave, Austin, TX 78702
This intermediate camera and workflow class is currently only for Active Producers within Austin Film Society’s Producer Program at our Austin Public location. This class certifies active Producers in the RED Komodo Production Kits. Pre-requisites of Cinematography Techniques and one other Producer Program camera class (Sony NXCAM, Sony Z280, Canon 5D Mark III, Sony A7Sii or Sony FS5) are required before registering for this RED class.
ABOUT THE CLASS:
RED Cameras burst onto the filmmaking scene in 2007–game changers in the film industry–boasting hi resolution, high frame rate capabilities and RED RAW technology. KOMODO is the newest entrant and the latest innovation in the RED family of cinema cameras.
In this class we will cover the physical build out of the camera, comprehensive instruction on settings. screen customization. RED RAW Codec, auto-focus and the the latest functions of the RED CONTROL application. This course will also include real world shooting scenarios, media, and post workflow for a comprehensive mastery of material.
This class certifies the Active Producer in the following gear:
- RED 6K Komodo camera system with Tilta cage, top handle and outrigger handle
- RED Pro CFAST 512G card and reader
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Lens
- DZOFilm Pictor 20-55mm and 50-125mm T2.8 Super35 Zoom Lens Kit
- Rokinon XEEN CF Pro 5-Lens EF-Mount Cine Lens Kit
- SmallHD INDIE 7 On-Camera Monitor Kit for RED KOMODO
- Tilta Dual Canon BP to V-Mount Battery Plate Adapter for RED Komodo
- Beachtek DXA-RED 2-Channel Preamplifier with Phantom-Powered XLR Inputs for RED
- V-Mount batteries, cables, camera bag and accessories
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
MJ Johnston is an internationally-traveled Director of Photography based here in Austin with an emphasis in Documentary Filmmaking. MJ’s passion for filmmaking began at the age of thirteen when they picked up their first 16mm camera, and they went on to graduate with a BFA in Film from The School of the Artist Institute of Chicago. MJ’s clients include Amazon, BBC, PBS, MTV, Netflix, and Vice.