AFS is excited to return to SXSW once again with our member showcase! The AFS ShortCase is a showcase of short films made by AFS MAKE members. Thanks to SXSW, we’re able to offer this opportunity for our members to have their work seen during the 2018 SXSW Film Festival.
In order to be considered for the 2018 ShortCase, you must fill out an online submission form, which includes a space to link to your film (note: only online screeners accepted).
AFS MAKE members (and higher) can FILL OUT SUBMISSION APPLICATIONS HERE.
Not a MAKE member? Sign up here!
Films selected for inclusion in the 2018 AFS ShortCase will be notified by early March and identified via AFS promotional outlets in the leadup to SXSW.
Submission Details & Rules
- In order to submit, you must have an active AFS membership (at the MAKE level or higher).
- In order to highlight local, Texas cinema, we ask that the submitted film be produced and/or directed by a Texas filmmaker or filmmakers.
- Submitting filmmaker should be the producer and/or director of the film being submitted.
- Submissions should be short films that do not exceed a total running time of 25 minutes (including credits).
- Submissions should be recently produced films with a completion date no earlier than 2016.
- Note that the ShortCase is a selection of AFS member-produced films and that submission for consideration for the showcase does not guarantee acceptance into it.
- Film submission deadline is Friday, February 16, 2018 at 5 PM CST.
This is a fun, easy and free way to get your work seen during SXSW, so take advantage. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us at: email@example.com