THE SUBMISSION WINDOW FOR THE 2022 AFS SHORTCASE IS CLOSED.
AFS is excited to return to SXSW once again with our member showcase! The AFS ShortCase is a program of short films made by AFS MAKE members and is part of SXSW Community screenings. Thanks to SXSW, we’re able to offer this opportunity for our members to have their work seen during the 2022 SXSW Film Festival.
To be considered for the 2022 ShortCase, you must fill out an online submission form, which includes a space to link to your film (note: only online screeners accepted).
Applications are free, but submission is restricted to AFS MAKE members and higher.
Not a MAKE member? Sign up here!
Films selected for inclusion in the 2022 AFS ShortCase will be notified by mid-February and identified via AFS promotional outlets in the lead-up to SXSW.
Submission Details & Rules
- In order to submit, you must have an active AFS membership at the MAKE level or higher. Memberships will be verified before review.
- In order to highlight local Texas cinema, we ask that the submitted film be produced and/or directed by Texas filmmakers.
- Submitting filmmaker should be the producer and/or director of the film being submitted.
- Submissions should be short films that do not exceed a total running time of 25 minutes – including credits.
- Submissions should be recently produced films with a completion date no earlier than 2020.
- Note that the ShortCase is a selection of AFS member-produced films and that submission for consideration for the showcase does not guarantee acceptance into it.
- The submission deadline is Monday, January 31, 2022, at 5 PM CST.
This is a fun, friendly, and free way to get your work seen during SXSW, so take advantage. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.