The submission window for the 2023 AFS ShortCase is now closed.
AFS is excited to bring back our annual member showcase! The AFS ShortCase is a program of short films made by AFS members. This is an opportunity for our members to have their work seen at the AFS Cinema during the 2023 SXSW Film Festival. (Please note, the AFS ShortCase is not an official program of the SXSW Film Festival.)
To be considered for the 2023 ShortCase, you must fill out an online submission form, which includes a space to link to your film, by February 13 at 5 PM CST. Only online screeners accepted.
Applications are free, but submission is restricted to AFS MAKE members and higher.
Not a MAKE member? Sign up here!
Filmmakers selected for inclusion in the 2023 AFS ShortCase will be notified by late February and identified via AFS promotional outlets in the lead-up to our AFS ShortCase screening on March 12, 2023.
Submission Details & Rules
- In order to submit, you must have an active AFS membership at the MAKE level or higher. Memberships will be verified before review.
- In order to highlight local, Texas cinema, we ask that submitted films be produced and/or directed by Texas filmmakers.
- The submitting filmmaker should be the producer and/or director of the film being submitted.
- Submissions should be short films that do not exceed a total running time of 25 minutes – including credits.
- Submissions should be recently produced films with a completion date no earlier than 2021.
- All rights and licenses associated with the film should be cleared by the filmmaker ahead of the screening.
- Note that the ShortCase is a selection of AFS member-produced films and that submitting a film for consideration in the showcase does not guarantee acceptance into it.
- The submission deadline is February 13 at 5 PM CST.
This is a fun, friendly, and free way to get your work seen, so take advantage. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.