The submission window for the 2024 AFS ShortCase is now closed.
AFS is excited to bring back our annual member showcase on March 10, 2024! The AFS ShortCase is a program of short films made by AFS members at the MAKE-level and above. This is an opportunity for our members to have their work seen at the AFS Cinema during the week of the 2024 SXSW Film Festival. Please note that the AFS ShortCase is not an official program of the SXSW Film Festival.
There is no application fee, and submission is restricted to the AFS MAKE membership level and above. Please note that purchasing a MAKE membership does not guarantee selection into the program, and AFS does not grant refunds if your film is not selected. Submitting a film for consideration to the AFS ShortCase is one of many membership perks, and becoming a member is a great way to stay connected to your local filmmaking community. Not a MAKE member? Sign up here!
Filmmakers selected for inclusion in the 2024 AFS ShortCase will be notified by late February and identified via AFS promotional outlets in the lead-up to our AFS ShortCase screening at AFS Cinema on March 10, 2024.
Submission Details & Rules
- In order to submit, you must have an active AFS membership at the MAKE level or higher. Memberships will be verified before review.
- In order to highlight local Texas creatives, we require that submitted films be produced and/or directed by Texas filmmakers.
- The submitting filmmaker should be the producer and/or director of the film being submitted.
- Submissions should be short films that do not exceed a total running time of 25 minutes — including credits.
- Submissions should be recently produced films with a completion date no earlier than 2022.
- All rights and licenses associated with the film should be cleared by the filmmaker ahead of the screening.
- Note that the ShortCase is a selection of AFS member-produced films and that submitting a film for consideration or purchasing a membership does not guarantee acceptance into the showcase.
- The submission deadline is February 13 at 5 PM CST.
This is a fun and friendly way to get your work seen with no submission fee, so take advantage of this opportunity today. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.