Founded in 1985 by filmmaker Richard Linklater, AFS creates life-changing opportunities for filmmakers, catalyzes Austin and Texas as a creative hub, and brings the community together around great film. AFS supports filmmakers towards career leaps, encouraging exceptional artistic projects with grants and support services. AFS operates Austin Studios, a 20-acre production facility, to attract and grow the creative media ecosystem. Austin Public, a space for our city’s diverse mediamakers to train and collaborate, provides many points of access to filmmaking and film careers. The AFS Cinema is an ambitiously programmed repertory and first run arthouse with broad community engagement. By hosting premieres, local and international industry events, and the Texas Film Awards, AFS shines the national spotlight on Texas filmmakers while connecting Austin and Texas to the wider film community. AFS is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
COMMUNITY MEDIA COORDINATOR
Job Purpose Summary
AFS is seeking an enthusiastic, analytical Community Media Coordinator to join our team. The Community Media Coordinator provides administrative, operational, and facilities-related support for Community Media programs and the Austin Public facility. As a member of the Coordinator Team, the Community Media Coordinator collaborates with all Coordinators across the organization in the development and maintenance of Austin Film Society’s organizational processes and systems to ensure exceptional program delivery and operational excellence.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide exceptional administrative support to department staff and stakeholders
- Responsible for entering and maintaining all department-related transactions in Salesforce
- Execute Austin Public purchasing and invoicing procedures with regards to City of Austin contract requirements for Capital Expenses
- Coordinate invoice and payment processes for Community Media Programs and Operations
- Handle Registration Process & Attendance Tracking for Community Media Programs
- Maintain Producer Program Enrollment and Certification Data
- Review monthly financial reports to confirm revenues and expenses are properly recorded
- Support Budget Managers by developing and maintaining Salesforce reports that align with QuickBooks
- Participate in monthly budget meetings
- Provide front desk and telephone coverage and visitor and vendor customer service
- Manage office equipment (such as the copier and phone systems) including troubleshooting and engaging third-party vendors as necessary
- Procure PPE, office and janitorial supplies
- Maintain and enforce facility health and safety protocols and procedures
- Provide facility support such as opening and closing the building
- Provide onsite meeting support, including coordination and scheduling, tech and telecom needs, catering and other set up, and post meeting break down
- Work Equipment Room shifts; check equipment in and out and maintain all associated paperwork
One year of administrative experience, preferably in a nonprofit/arts environment.
- Proficient in Google and Microsoft Office suites
- Salesforce and Quickbooks experience a plus
- Project management
- Data entry and records management
- Time management skills
- Excellent customer service
- Written and oral communication
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multitask
Position Type & Expected Hours
This is a full-time, exempt position. Must be willing to work on-site at Austin Public on weekends and evenings. Benefits include 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance; participation in an employer-sponsored retirement plan; paid holidays; and paid time off.
Complexities and Conditions of Employment
Physical/ Environmental Demands: Sitting and/or standing, keyboarding, reading, grasping, mousing, handwriting for 8.0+ hours per day, and lifting maximum weight of 50lbs are essential requirements of the position.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter as one PDF to Doug Gray, Station Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “CM Coordinator – Your Name” in the subject line (e.g., CM Coordinator – Richard Link). All applications will be acknowledged by email. All inquiries are confidential. The Austin Film Society supports workplace diversity and equal opportunity for all individuals. Open until filled.