Founded in 1985 by filmmaker Richard Linklater, AFS creates life-changing opportunities for filmmakers, catalyzes Austin and Texas as a creative hub, and brings the community together around great film. AFS supports filmmakers towards career leaps, encouraging exceptional artistic projects with grants and support services. AFS operates Austin Studios, a 20-acre production facility, to attract and grow the creative media ecosystem. Austin Public, a space for our city’s diverse mediamakers to train and collaborate, provides many points of access to filmmaking and film careers. The AFS Cinema is an ambitiously programmed repertory and first run arthouse with broad community engagement. By hosting premieres, local and international industry events, and the Texas Film Awards, AFS shines the national spotlight on Texas filmmakers while connecting Austin and Texas to the wider film community. AFS is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Information Systems Manager
Job Purpose Summary
The Austin Film Society is seeking a full-time Information Systems Manager to be responsible for the systems that support the Austin Film Society’s two most important assets: staff and data. This position will create and manage AFS’s information management practices, workflows, and resources, working closely with each department to ensure information systems fulfill the department’s needs and that staff are empowered to correctly utilize the systems.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Serves as primary system administrator for Salesforce.com environment with 20+ users, including system configurations, troubleshooting, maintenance, data integrity workflows, productivity workflows, and other back-end tasks, as needed.
• Provides training to all staff at all levels of the organization, from new hire onboarding to continuing education, through a combination of individual sessions, group training opportunities, ad hoc specialty sessions, and customized documentation and training guides.
• Collaborates with users across departments and experience levels to develop suitable processes in support of administrative, reporting, and productivity needs.
• Maintains proper classification and authority controls for all users through Roles, Profiles, Permission Sets, and any object- or field-specific settings, as needed.
• Develops protocols and manages the budget for all information systems, including Salesforce.com licenses and add-ons, MS Office software, G Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and other SaaS and productivity tools.
• Ensures continuity of authority controls, user hierarchies, and permissions across systems.
• Maintains Data Storage Protocols for AFS Information Systems and ensures staff compliance through proactive training and routine systems audits.
• Oversees the architecture and maintenance of AFS’ digital filing systems.
• Serves as the lead for a cross-departmental team focused on digital tools and their impact upon organizational culture at AFS
IT and Support
• Manages IT-related hardware and peripherals for staff and interns, including computers, printers, and telephones.
• Assists staff with installing, configuring, and troubleshooting hardware and software.
• Tracks, manages, and reports on all systems-related activities and maintenance, as needed or requested.
• Updates the knowledge base on an ongoing basis to ensure continuity of knowledge between all team members.
• Manages consultants and vendors as needed
• Current Certified Salesforce Administrator credential, or 2+ years in a Salesforce Administrator role.
• 2+ years of experience in tech support or customer service role for populations across the technology spectrum (e.g. from expert user to non-technical staff).
• Working knowledge of Mac operating systems and peripherals.
• Strong ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, resolve, and communicate issues, including the ability to prioritize and escalate, as needed.
• Ability to manage a wide array of conflicting priorities and technology issues with grace under pressure.
Position Type & Expected Hours
This is a full-time, exempt position with employee benefits. Work hours vary.
Complexities and Conditions of Employment
Physical/ Environmental Demands: Sitting and/or standing, keyboarding, reading, grasping, mousing, handwriting for 8.0+ hours per day, and lifting maximum weight of 20 lbs are essential requirements of the position.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter as one PDF to Anna Crain, HR Manager, at email@example.com with “Info Systems Manager – Your Name” in the subject line (e.g., Info Systems Manager – Richard Link). All applications will be acknowledged by email. All inquiries are confidential. The Austin Film Society supports workplace diversity and equal opportunity for all individuals. Open until filled.