Currently, AFS Discussion Clubs are open to members only. Not a member? Sign up here >>
How to participate in AFS Discussion Clubs
- Sign up for Criterion Channel and use AFS’s unique code to claim your 3-month 50% off discount.
- Watch the discussion club titles on Criterion Channel before the event.
- Register for our Discussion Club event. We’ll email all registrants a Zoom invitation for the event.
- Mark your calendar for the discussion date!
At the event:
- Click on the Zoom link at the scheduled time and we’ll let you into our Discussion Club “room”
- Keep your camera feature on so we can see who is with us
- If you have a question or comment about the film you’d like to share with the group, use the “raise hand” feature in Zoom. We’ll unmute you and give you the floor.
More about participating in community conversations in AFS spaces:
AFS is an inclusive environment and working for racial equity both within our organization and in the film community at large. Conversations at AFS are held among community members across race, gender, sexuality, socio-economic background and life experience. When we visit the cinema, we actively “de-center” our own experiences to step into other perspectives, and what makes our conversations fun are the creative ideas and perspectives from across the community. We encourage all conversation participants to be active and respectful listeners, and speak from their own experiences. And of course, AFS does not tolerate hate speech or intimidation of anyone in our spaces. You can read our code of conduct here. AFS supports the movement for Black lives, and you can read more about that here.