TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF ONSITE OPERATIONS IN EFFECT
Updated Oct 9, 2020
As a result of City Administration working closely with Austin Public Health and City Council to ensure city employees and contractors continue to be safe during this pandemic, they have decided that Austin Public will be closed to the public through December 15th, which is the currently end date of the Stay Home, Mask and Otherwise be Safe Order for the City of Austin. This means that our building will need to remain closed until that time.
We’ll carry on with our daily monitoring of the City of Austin’s key indicators and keep track of the benchmarks we set at AFS for our own reopen plans prior to this announcement. Also, please know that every 28-days, the City is evaluating data, work environments, and various factors to determine changes to current modified operations, which means that this decision could change in the future based on those evaluations.
All current producers will remain “active” through the Portal as we continue to suspend all monthly and yearly fees until we’re able to provide onsite operations. As always, we will still provide our content distribution with remote upload and live streaming capabilities and we’re currently in the middle of our FALL 2020 Season that started September 1st. If you would like to sign up for a Series at any time you can go HERE. We’re teaching most of the equipment through online classes and we’re able to checkout certain resources to Series shows as well as live show requests on a case by case basis. Here are the policies for that process:
- Equipment checkout will be available to current Series Producers (live or pre-recorded) and/or Producers who submit a live program Show Form request through the Producer Portal or for practice if you’ve taken a class in the past 6-months. The equipment will need to be used in support of your series or live show production. or for practice.
- This GOOGLE FORM request to checkout the equipment will first need to be submitted. We’ll email you once we review your request to let you know about pick up and return availability and when the Portal reservation can be made. The approval of your Google Form request does not guarantee that the resources you are requesting will be available through the Portal but we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.
- All reservations made through the Portal without prior approval through the Google Form request process will be declined. It will be the Producer’s responsibility to check the Portal for the status of your reservations.
- Reservations will be limited and are first-come first served, as resources and availability allow. The length of reservations will be on a case-by-case basis determined by the Producer’s production needs and current demand for the specific resources being requested.
- New COVID-19 related policies have been added to our checkout contracts and will also be emailed to you at the time of your initial request.
- All Producer payments will remain frozen until we’re able to reopen to the public but Series fees are required to obtain a weekly series. Our policies regarding Series cancellations apply to all current and future series.
If you have content and/or need information on how to upload and program your show then here is the programming information on our website as well as a training video explaining the process. If you have any further questions about remote streaming or channel programming please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will continue to keep all Producers updated through email, and as always, please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns: email@example.com