Since 1985, the Austin Film Society’s (AFS) mission has been to empower its community to make, watch and love film and creative media. We do this through:
• Exhibition of 200+ internationally relevant films annually
• Filmmaker support including the AFS Grant for emerging Texas filmmakers (totaling $1.5 million since 1996)
• Austin Studios, a 20-acre production facility (operated through a lease with the City of Austin) that supports film, TV and digital media.
• Community media programs in including AFS Film Club in 13 under-served public schools, the AFS Internship program that has trained 279 interns and helped place 623 professionals in creative media jobs, and Summer @ Austin Studios welcoming 100 students to our campus to learn each year.
• Shining the national spotlight on Texas filmmakers while connecting Austin’s talent and community leaders to the wider film community through premieres, events at major festivals, and the Texas Film Awards.
FALL 2015 Internship Openings - Development Positions
AFS seeks a Development intern for the Fall 2015 semester. This specialty internship works directly with the Development department to gain an in-depth mentorship experience. Apply here >
SPRING 2016 Internship & Film Referral Program now accepting applications.
The AFS Internship and Film Referral Program is comprised of two phases. Our goals are to educate participants about the film and arts industries and facilitate job placement in the field. The first phase is an Office Internship, followed by a Senior Internship and the Film Referral Program. The Internships each last a semester and takes place at the AFS Offices at Austin Studios. The Film Referral phase is ongoing. More information & application >