An Austin Public Producer is someone who pays a subscription fee to access Austin Public’s video production resources that they’ve been certified to use through our certification classes and then cablecasts portions of their created content onto Austin Public’s cable channels and streaming platforms. Producers must be at least 18 years of age and live within Travis, Williamson, Bastrop, Caldwell or Hays County.
HOW TO JOIN:
We suggest reading our First Steps packet to find out more about the Producer Program.
(1) Attend an Orientation class. At Orientation, attendees will be provided with details about accessing the resources available at Austin Public and walked through the process of joining.
(2) Submit proof of identity and Austin area residency and complete this required Producer Documents Form.
(3) Attend a Media Policy class. This class is required and provides Producers with the ability to submit content for channel distribution, use our edit lab and conference room.
(4) Sign up for a monthly or yearly subscription for the Producer Program. These payment links will be made available via email once a person has completed step 1-3. Your payment options are:
- Yearly Subscription: $120/year
- Monthly Subscription: $12/month-to-month
All upcoming classes are found here and you’ll see a tag for the ones labeled “Certification Class.” These are the classes that unlock the ability for a Producer to reserve the resources taught in a particular certification class for no additional cost. These classes may be taken at any time and someone does not need to have joined the program before training on the resources. Once you join the program there is no rental fee to use the resources you’ve trained on. Checking out gear and/or studio space is called a “reservation.”
Scholarship Eligibility: Individuals who are at least 18 years of age, lives within our service area of Travis, Williamson, Bastrop, Caldwell and Hays county, and earns 80% of the current area median family income or less are eligible for a sliding scale scholarship. Please click here to determine if you qualify. To apply for a scholarship, click here.